Windscreen area stuff

Hours Worked = 3.75

A little bit of this and that today.

First, I installed the defrost fans. I purchased some high power computer case fans from Amazon, along with some nice fan grills. This was a straightforward process of measuring some holes, and cutting them in.

IMG_2824.JPG IMG_2825.JPG IMG_2826.JPG IMG_2827.JPG IMG_2828.JPG IMG_2829.JPG

After the holes were cut, I painted the entire glareshield area with flat black BBQ grill paint. Realistically, this entire area is most likely going to be covered by a leather glareshield pad, but the flat black will keep any area that remains visible looking nice.

IMG_2866.JPG IMG_2867.JPG

During this time, I also epoxied in the fiberglass cover I made to clean up where the centerpost enters my overhead switch pod.

IMG_2830.JPG IMG_2831.JPG IMG_2832.JPG IMG_2839.JPG

Next, I had to take a look at how the Rosen sun visors were going to fit. I purchased the Rosen visors that are made for the RV10, but since my custom overhead switch pod sits lower than the normal Aerosport overhead, I need to modify them to fit properly. To figure out the needed shape, I bought some cheap clear plexi from the hardware store, traced the stock Rosen outline, and cut out some clear visors that I could hack away at. I screwed this clear visor to the Rosen frame, clamped it to the cabin top, and noted where it interfered. After a couple of iterations, I had a shape that will work well with my setup.

IMG_2833.JPG IMG_2834.JPG IMG_2835.JPG IMG_2836.JPG IMG_2837.JPG IMG_2840.JPG

Finally, I ended the day by fabbing up some tabs that help hold the bottom of the windshield to the fuselage.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *