On Jan 30th, I placed an order for the first part of an RV10, the empennage. The empennage kit consists of almost everything to the rear of the windows, including the rear third of the fuselage and the tail feathers.
Since Colleen and I were going to be out of town (in MEXEEEECOOO!!) for a week right after placing my order, I decided to have the tail kit delivered to my parents house. This ended up being unnecessary as the kit actually came the day after we got home, but no harm, no foul.
I had been feeling run down, but as I seem to have impeccable timing, I came down with a bug the day of the delivery. I’ve been waiting for this day for a long time, but as much as I wanted to tear into the kit and start inventorying parts, by the time we slid the crate into my garage I barely had the energy to crawl up to bed. Not only did I get sick enough to be stuck in bed for a day and a half… I was stuck in bed sick for a day and a half WITH MY AIRPLANE WAITING OUT IN THE GARAGE!