Tonight I finished match drilling the bottom of the door openings and then counter sunk all the needed screw holes. I went a tad deeper then flush, as I’ll epoxy over the screw heads after they’re fastened.
The next step was to fit the center post. First, I took the time to figure out the center of the cabin top. I’m using the overhead console from AeroSport Products, so the centerline helped me position the console, and the console has a cutout for the centerpost, so it helped me position the post. I also needed to do a tiny bit of trimming on the console to both make the console clear the step in the cabin top, and to remove the material where the center post goes.
With the center determined and the overhead clamped in place, I match drilled the center post to the cabin top. The top is quite thick at this point, so to make sure my holes were perpendicular and even on the outside (you match drill from the inside out), I made a drill bushing out of some scrap wood on the drill press. And wouldn’t you know it, everything turned out looking great!