Front bulkheads and bottom skins

Hours Worked = 5.25

I started tonight by match drilling the control column mount to the front seat bulkhead. Then I moved on to the front bottom skin. This skin is not symmetrical, so I had to study the plans to determine which side was the top. Next, I laid out all the floor ribs that will give strength to the front floor skins, and match drilled them. Next, the front seat bulkheads were stripped down a bit and fitted to the bottom skin and match drilled.

After that, the bottom skin and everything already attached was joined to the firewall and tunnel. I flipped it up onto the firewall and drilled all the remaining skin holes. The front floor pans were then set in place and match drilled, removed, deburred, and dimpled.

[pe2-image src=”” href=”″ caption=”” type=”image” alt=”P1020397.JPG” ][pe2-image src=”” href=”″ caption=”” type=”image” alt=”P1020398.JPG” ][pe2-image src=”” href=”″ caption=”” type=”image” alt=”P1020399.JPG” ]

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *