Today, with assistance from my lovely helper Colleen, we get the top wing skins clecoed in place and fully match drilled. I don’t know how
Today, I got the inner wing skin countersunk where called out in the plans. These are places where the outer skin is backed up by
The top of the RV10 is actually made up of a number of different skins. A large outer skin, a smaller inner skin, the fuel
Today was just like the last time I worked on the skins: sanding down the edges where they overlap… this time, on the other wing.
Colleen and I managed to get the deburring done on the wing skins for one of the wings. There are a lot of holes.
We got the rest of the deburring finished on the left wing. Since the skins were already done, this consisted of all the ribs, the
After all the deburring, we though we’d get some dimpling done to mix things up a bit. I got all the dimpling done on the
Are you seeing a pattern here? Well, after today, it’ll be on to something different… assembly! After Colleen and I finished deburring the skins, j-channel,
Tonight was a quick two hour night. I got the garage cleaned up so I could tell which way was up, then Colleen and I
My lovely rivet buddy Colleen and I got started on riveting the top wing skins on to the wing. I used a new riveting technique
Colleen and I did some serious riveting today. We got all the rivets of the left outer skin done, and the rivets of the right
Today, we finished up riveting the top wing skins. All that was left was the outer right skin. We still need to rivet the rear
I also got the top skin riveted to the rear spar tonight. The new 4″ no hole yoke on the squeezer worked like a charm.
Yup. Two posts in dedicated to the same day. I’m breaking today into two posts because I worked on two totally different sections of the