Got to work on something that didn’t need proseal tonight. The aileron and flap gap fairings. These fairings fill up the space between the front
Got all of the gap fairing parts deburred.
First, I got the gap fairing parts dimpled. Then I began on the wing bottom skins themselves, beginning with deburring all the edges. Then the
Today, I got the pitot mast mounted. I’m using the Gretz pitot mount, which will hold the Gretz GA-1000 heated pitot. I’m following Tim Olson’s
I began today by sanding down the edges where the inner and outer skins overlap, just like the top skin. Then I began the tedious
Same as last time. Finished deburring the left wing skins, j-channel, and ribs. I also finished pulling the electrical conduit thru the ribs.
Started the day by dimpling all the required parts for the left wing. Then I continued on to the right wing by deburring the outer
More of the same, but this marks the end of the deburring and dimpling for the bottom wing skins!
I primed these at the same time as the aileron parts, but posting to recording time in the proper category.
Since I had to wait on the proseal for the second aileron, I figured I’d rivet on the wing gap fairings. This is a very
Big change of pace here. I decided to finally bite the bullet and get the wing bottom skins installed. I couldn’t think of any more
Quick night tonight, finished riveting the inboard lower wing panel to the left wing.
I did a LOT of riveting tonight!!! I riveted on the larger outer panel on the left wing (the one that I had already installed
Sprint to the finish tonight. I hammered out the last wing panel!