Yup. For the second year in a row, Colleen and I shared a heart shaped pizza and inventoried airplane parts! Last time it was the
I finished up inventorying all the bags that contain smaller parts like nuts, bolts, and rivets.
Huge day today. Basically, I’ve done all of the initial construction, drilling, and deburring on the mid fuselage bulkheads. These are the beefy cross braces
Got all the parts from yesterday scuffed, wiped down, and primed.
With all the mid-fuse bulkhead parts primed, everything was riveted together. [pe2-image src=”http://lh3.ggpht.com/-B0JyXw-gYtA/UTa3MaibquI/AAAAAAAAJHY/WnGm7-3SVfM/s144-c/P1020218.JPG” href=”https://picasaweb.google.com/104915858356518723094/RV104Fuselage#5852066189724592866″ caption=”” type=”image” alt=”P1020218.JPG” ] [pe2-image src=”http://lh5.ggpht.com/-Jp5uXO82msg/UTa3PSb9EAI/AAAAAAAAJHk/E1Pr700NDss/s144-c/P1020219.JPG” href=”https://picasaweb.google.com/104915858356518723094/RV104Fuselage#5852066239089545218″ caption=”” type=”image” alt=”P1020219.JPG” ]
With completed bulkheads, I started the next section of the plans which includes all the ribs that make up the floor and seat structure. First,
I messed up the video and cut off the beginning of the night, but tonight, I continued on by getting the rear seat ribs all
I started tonight by finishing the scuffing on the parts I had ready. But by the time I had finished scuffing, I decided that I
Tonight I began by clecoing in place some narrow stiffeners/ribs that give structural strength to the rear passenger’s floor. Then, all the bottom skins were
Finished scuffing and deburring all the edges and holes of everything.
All night was dedicated to deburring, scuffing, and dimpling the fuse bottom skins.
All the mid-fuse ribs and bottom skins are primed! [pe2-image src=”http://lh5.ggpht.com/-f6kVrwpr3Hc/UTa4MImu66I/AAAAAAAAJJw/X84rLDW0GEc/s144-c/P1020235.JPG” href=”https://picasaweb.google.com/104915858356518723094/RV104Fuselage#5852067284422421410″ caption=”” type=”image” alt=”P1020235.JPG” ] [pe2-image src=”http://lh5.ggpht.com/-pGPSTgSjxaI/UTa4QDZyXdI/AAAAAAAAJJ4/wZFrl8jsi-Y/s144-c/P1020236.JPG” href=”https://picasaweb.google.com/104915858356518723094/RV104Fuselage#5852067351745420754″ caption=”” type=”image” alt=”P1020236.JPG” ] [pe2-image src=”http://lh3.ggpht.com/-Uc7FPCR8fi8/UTa4UAsU5hI/AAAAAAAAJKE/nJKIf14NxJI/s144-c/P1020237.JPG”
With everything nicely primed, I started riveting together my pile of parts. First up was riveting in place the seat belt brackets and heat vents,
I finished riveting all the mid-fuse ribs in place tonight. All that’s left of this section of the plans is the bottom skins! [pe2-image src=”http://lh5.ggpht.com/-OOOReYc6n8s/UTa4szujkSI/AAAAAAAAJK8/nUvyRMBDvhY/s144-c/P1020244.JPG”
Today, I enlisted the help of my favorite rivet buddy Colleen, and we started on the bottom skins. We’re using the same back riveting method