Today was the beginning of the cowl fitting. I started by getting the front “ring” of the top and bottom cowl fitting correctly, and the
Picking up where I left off yesterday, I began by making sure the rear edge of the top cowl was perfectly aligned to the rest
More fitment work on the lower cowl. I had trimmed the nose gear to the dimensions in the plans, but it just wasn’t enough. I
As I mentioned in an earlier post, I wasn’t happy with the gap I had between the upper and lower cowl halves, so I ordered
Couple things accomplished today. First I installed the nutplates that join the upper and lower cowl halves inside the inlets. And second, I changed out
Started off the day by notching the eyelets of the rear cowl hinge. Since the hinge curves, it’s a little tight to slide the hinge
The snorkel transition fiberglass I laid up yesterday is fully cured, so today I pulled out the foam form piece and trimmed the transition to
Just like the title says, I got the hinges all riveted to the cowl.
Working on getting the cowling looking all smooth and pretty!
Just sanding down the filler I added yesterday…
Completed the first part of installing the Aerosport Products Hinge Pin Covers.
Finished up the last few steps to installing the Aerosport pin covers. Nothing to it! I also added a little more body filler to a
I started tonight by sanding down the filler I added yesterday. Then I did a quick sand of the cowl interior, cleaned it up, and
I’m making another departure from the plans… this time with the design of the bottom of the cowl. The plans call for a set of
Finished up the cowl flaps today. The tricky part is the flaps were designed to go thru a thicker cowl, and needed to have spacers