Tonight marks the first night of construction on the tail cone. As this is the last section of the empenage kit for the RV-10, today
More work much like last night. I built four more of the tail cone bulkheads. After getting the bulkhead parts deburred, match drilled, and
Tonight started out with some exciting (not really) deburring of the tail cone j-channel stiffeners. They are long and awkward, but I was able to
I started the night with a bunch of flat parts, and now, there is a pretty big aluminum box on my work bench! The
We had a lot of other stuff going on today, but I was able to squeeze in an hour and a half on the -10
The biggest accomplishment for tonight was getting the longerons in place and match drilled. After getting the longerons lined up and drilled, the rest
That’s what I had on my work bench. I say “had” because the last thing I did tonight was completely disassemble everything in preparation for deburring
Colleen and I started deburring the holes of the tail cone parts. Shortest post EVER.
Same as last night. Might be able to finish up in one or two more nights.
It’s done. On to slightly better things, like scuffing and dimpling.
All the tail cone parts have been scuffed in preparation for priming. I’ve changed to doing all the scuffing before the dimpling, as the dimples
It was all RV10 all day! The day started off with breakfast… in Superior Wisconsin… via Gary Specketer’s BEAUTIFUL RV10! Gary is my EAA Tech Counselor,
Seeing as it was Mother’s Day, and I wanted to spend some time with my Mother, I only got in a few hours on the
I was able to get the skins and bulkheads degreased and primed today. The next work session will be riveting!
Tonight, I was able to get the bulkheads and some other misc parts riveted together. Tomorrow will begin the true assembly.