Since I can’t proceed with the VS final assemble until I the primer arrives, I put the VS parts away and began on the rudder.
All the rudder components (minus the skins)
The first few steps involve cutting ribs and stiffeners from larger stamped aluminum parts. It’s not difficult, but it’s time consuming marking, cutting, then deburring all the little pieces. But now that’s out of the way, tomorrow can putting parts together for drilling. It’s always cool to see a bunch of flat chunks of aluminum come together to make an airplane part!
I also reached a milestone… First Blood on the aluminum! I managed to take a few ‘thou off my thumb with the grinding wheel. Not even worth duct taping up! I’m going to keep running the deburring wheel without the guard, but I think I’m going to re-install it over the grinding wheel side.
And as always, tonight’s work: Benny Hill style!