I got two things done today.
First, I finished the construction of the Alternate Air Door. This consisted of trimming the fiberglass runners I constructed yesterday, riveting a piece of angle on the alt air door, and making sure everything slides nicely. There will be a lot of pressure on this door if it actually needs to be used, so the system needs to move freely and be pretty robust.
The second accomplishment was the trimming of the airbox snorkle. It was a little too long, and was interfering with the lower cowl. It needed to be trimmed down a few inches, but now it’s very close to where it needs to be.