Aerosport Overhead Install

Hours Worked = 6

I couldn’t wait to pull the seals off to see how the edges looked, so I missed that on the video. But I can tell you that the edges came out GREAT! They have a nice even thickness, and are going to fit the seal perfectly! There are a few places where there were some air bubbles in the epoxy, but those will be simple to fill in later.

IMG_1806.JPG IMG_1807.JPG IMG_1808.JPG

I then redid the strut attach brackets. I wasn’t thrilled with the way the one I had done was sitting, so I filled the holes in with epoxy and flox when I did the seal edges. Now that it’s all dry, I gave it another shot. This time, I’m happy with the way they are lined up.

Then I began the real task for the day. Getting the Aerosport carbon fiber overhead console attached. Instead of typing everything out, I put together a little video explaining the process:


 

IMG_1863.JPG IMG_1868.JPG IMG_1870.JPG IMG_1871.JPG IMG_1873.JPG IMG_1874.JPG IMG_1876.JPG

 

FYI, I’m going to be counting all time on the overhead in the “Cabin Top” category.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *